top of page



Who is required to submit Form I-693?

  • If you are a K1/K2 visa holder who arrived here in the USA and applying for Adjustment of Status and it has already been more than one (1) year when you had your medical examination done in your home country.

  • If you came to the USA on other non-immigrant visa like J1/F1/B1/B2 and you got married and applying for Spouse Petition and Adjustment of Status at the same time.

  1. Find a USCIS-certified civil surgeon in your area HERE. DO NOT go to any clinic that is not on the USCIS list.

  2. Bring a printed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

  3. Bring a valid ID - passport

  4. If you already have a medical insurance, you can ask the doctor if they accept your health insurance. Prices can vary so you need to call around who can give you the best deal. Make sure to ask all the services and vaccines included in the price.

  5. Follow what the civil surgeon recommends to do. Just be wary that if the doctor requires for a tuberculosis (TB) skin test. In some countries, they require the BCG vaccine for babies. If you had this vaccine when you were a baby, it can give you a false positive TB skin test. If you get a positive TB skin test then you will be required to get X-ray to make sure that you do not have TB - which will require additional cost.

  6. After your medical exam with the civil surgeon, you should receive a sealed envelope with the completed and signed Form I-693. Make sure you get a copy of the contents of the sealed envelope and make sure that the civil surgeon provided the complete pages of the form in the sealed envelope.

  7. Note that you need to submit the sealed medical results to USCIS within 60 days from the signature of the civil surgeon on the form. 

  8. For more information, please read the Form I-693 instructions.

bottom of page